Step One: We started with the nursery and although we had a few minor disagreements on the style we wanted for our babies first room, we eventually decided on a color scheme and it really took off from there! It was hard to come up with a room that would work for both a boy and a girl, but it turned out pretty great (if I do say so myself). A lot of love and care went into creating this special place for our sweet angels and when it finally came to fruition, both Gash and I were very happy with the outcome! In fact, there are many nights when you can catch us sitting in the nursery, gliding in the rockers and laughing about just how much our lives are about to change!!
A few pics of what I like to call "project nursery":
The Room Before:
A Roman Shade I made for the window (Thanks Pinterest):
Step Two: After the nursery was complete and I could picture my babies sleeping snugly in their beds (I know wishful thinking), I began to organize everything in sight. Now, when I say everything, I mean everything from the pantry to my boards on Pinterest. I started with reorganizing our files, cleaned out every drawer in the house, made a binder of milestone checklists etc. for the babies, emptied our armoire and made it into a baby station complete with diapers, nursing supplies, burp cloths, bibs and more, and labeled pretty much everything in our house. Now there are no excuses for anything to be out of place (again, wishful thinking but worth a try at least). The organizational marathon ended with sterilizing pacifiers and bottles and washing and folding all those precious baby clothes. . . I could bathe in Dreft detergent. . . yummy!!
Organization. . for now :)