Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day Nine, NICU 2

One day at a time. This is my mantra these days, but with each passing day it is getting harder and harder to live by. I am good at the whole one day at a time thing when there is an end in site. When I know that each day gets me closer to that one specific date circled in my calendar, I have an easier time being patient. However, in situations like the one we are in now, where the end is just some date in the future and no one can tell us when that date might be, my patience starts to run thin. All I want is to have my babies home. The nursery is ready. I have changing stations placed strategically throughout the house and everything has been sterilized and washed, so why aren't my babies ready? I know, I know, one day at a time and they will be home when they are ready. But no one told me how hard this would be. And so here we go again. . . . One day at a time, one day at a time.

Good Morning!



I am not sure I am ready to wake up mom! 



Loved their outfits tonight. . they actually fit :)
Although I still can't wait to dress them in the "good stuff" I have waiting for them at home :)



I realized I did not have many pictures of Gash with the babies. 
So here are a few of the cutest daddy I know . . . 





Ashton's isolette is set to 28. . . 


So we are hoping to get rid of this at 3:00 A.M.


Go, Ashton Go!


Bottle and Temperature Update: Neither of them took their whole bottle earlier today :(, but tonight Ashton drank his down like a champ! Mary Seegars has been a rock star keeping her temperature consistent all day in her crib, and if Ashton maintains his he will be in a crib at 3:00 A.M.  The nurses say that they usually excel at one and then the other seeing that it is to hard for them to do both at the same time, so we are making progress!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, thanks so much for the pics of Gssh. I confess to a few tears... "my" boy is a daddy! WOW! It goes without saying that all the pictures of the babies are fantastic! You are an angel to share them with all of us. I am so grateful. Ashton and Mary Seegars remain in my daily prayers to reach the goals TOGETHER to come home VERY soon! Thinking of you both and your one day at a time with very much love.

    ReplyDelete