Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Ten, NICU 2

Today was a good day. No major milestones; in fact, Ashton's temp dropped so he is still in an isolette :(. And both babies are still having trouble finishing that bottle. But all things considered, today was a good day. I spent the day rocking both babies and just sharing all my secrets with them. They are great listeners, I can already tell.

This morning I overheard the lady next store celebrating that her babies bed was turned down to 36.5 C (it has to be at 28 C). This baby has been here since July and her mama was so positive. I guess that was God's way of putting things in perspective for me and reminding me that today is a good day!

Our home away from home


Snug as a bug 


Good Morning Mama


Wide awake and ready for my bottle . . . 


Dance Party, my crib, 9:00
B.Y.O.B. (bring your own bottle)
Time together . . . 


Chatting it up . . . 


Big girl, weighing in at 4 pounds 4 oz!!!


Loving on my girl


Daddy, you are so funny!

Our defiant faces. . What bottle? I am ready for a nap




Bottle and Temperature Update: Mary Seegars is still doing great maintaining her body temp, she is one little hottie.  Ashton, on the other hand, is having a little trouble and had to stay in the isolette with the temp turned up to 28.3.  Ashton is still doing well with his bottles but he did not get a full one down today.  He starts off like a champ and then just tuckers out when he has about ten to fifteen mls left.  Mary Seegars, on the other hand, needs to work on her bottle.  She likes to just purse her lips and wait until the food "magically appears" via her tube.  I am afraid she may be my defiant one and will give me a run for my money come high school.  The good news is they are both gaining weight.  Ashton is over five pounds (whoop whoop) and Mary Seegars is a whopping 4.4!! Let's hear it for empty bottles and warm babies tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Is that a dimple I spy in sweet Ashton's cheek?!? Already a lady killer! Go babies, go!!!

    ReplyDelete