Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saying goodbye to 2012

This New Years, it was hard to say goodbye to 2012.  You see, 2012 has truly been the most amazing year of my life.  It all started January 26th when I rushed home from school to take a pregnancy test.  After two years of negatives, I saw two pink lines and I can not put into words the joy that came over me.  The pregnancy was confirmed the next day with a blood test and when the nurse called me with the results and said "congratulations mom", I cried.  I cried happy tears because all my life I had looked forward to the day that I would be called mom, and for the past two years I was not sure if that was going to happen.  The next nine months were a roller coaster of emotions (with way more highs than lows); we found out we were having twins, we saw the babies for the first time on an ultrasound, I felt the babies move for the first time, my friends and family threw beautiful showers for us, and I fell even more in love with my husband.  On August 20th, my life changed forever when I met the two babies that I had been praying for every night, every hour, every minute.  Ashton and Mary Seegars exceeded every expectation that I had and they were more beautiful and their cries were more perfect than I could have ever dreamed.  I have truly loved every minute of being a mother (yes, even the middle of the night wake up calls).  So, saying goodbye to 2012 was definitely difficult (the champagne did help some ;)), but I know that 2013 has some wonderful things in store and I can not wait to spend it with my amazing little family!

The babies were ready for the game and all decked out in their tiger hats thanks to their Aunt Debbie!!


Ashton was so excited that the Tigers won he could not contain himself!


We rang in the New Year with some great friends at the Bryan's house. 
We may have had a LITTLE too much fun!
 







We even had some little celebrators in the crowd!
 



On New Years Day, we hosted the second annual New Years Day Oyster Roast at the Donlan's house.  The babies got all dressed up and we had a great time with friends
 




Four month stats:
Ashton: 16 pounds 4.5 ounces (64th percentile), 25.5 inches long (60th percentile), with a 16.75 inch head circumference (73rd percentile).

Mary Seegars: 11 pounds 6 ounces (3rd percentile), 23.5 inches long (10th percentile), with a 16 inch head circumference (46th percentile).






No comments:

Post a Comment