Monday, October 15, 2012

Daddys

There is something special about a daddy. I say this because I have such a great one. My daddy has always been my biggest fan and he has taught me so much about how to be generous, kind, funny, and strong. I will always be his little girl, and I know that I will always turn to him when I need advice or just a hug.

One of my favorite parts about becoming a mom was watching Gash become a daddy. There is something so special about seeing my husband, the man I love most in the world, become a father. Before we had our own two angels, Gash steered clear of all babies. I could not have paid him to hold a newborn, even when I was pregnant and it was clear he would be holding not one but two babies in the very near future. Needless to say, I had no idea how he would react when he was handed his own little ones. Don't get me wrong, I knew he was going to be a great father. In fact, that was one of the main reasons I married him. There was no one else I could see as the father of my children. But I had no experience watching him with a baby and therefore did not know what to expect. I have come to realize though that even if Gash had been very hands on with all the little ones in our lives, nothing would have prepared me for how gentle, loving, and just plain perfect he is as a dad. I am amazed every day by Gash's patience and I fall in love with him over and over again as I watch him snuggle Mary Seegars or do what he has deemed the "fat boy dance" with Ashton (as he beat boxes in the background). There is something special about a daddy and Ashton and Mary Seegars have no idea yet how lucky they are to have Gash as their very own.

Probably my favorite picture so far! 
A precious daddy and his little girl . . . . 


I spent this week making the twins Halloween Costumes . . . I love arts and crafts and a good costume so I had a great time.  A few months ago this little project would have taken an hour but now with two babies to take care of it took an entire day!



And the finished product. . . 


Lauren Miller took these great pictures as part of a fundraiser she was doing for Project Host.  We had a great time in the pumpkin patch with the cutest "things" we know!




We visited PREG this week and got to see some of our favorite nurses and doctors!


And of course . . Auntie Faith!


We had a great time this weekend at Fall for Greenville . . . 

All Snuggled up!






Looks like Ashton had a little too much fun. . . 

 
We finally got to meet Uncle Jamie. . . The babies could not stop talking about how much they love him :)





They were so sad to see Aunt Mandi and Uncle Jamie go . . . 


But we were thrilled when more visitors showed up. Lots of Clayton cousins!



Morgan and Virginia Ann were great with the babies!




Precious Barron and Bett came to visit too!


Snuggle time with Marion Virginia 


What a great week!!


1 comment: