Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day

There are some people who were born to be mothers. I do not mean that they are any better at the actual job of being a mother than others. I simply mean that when God made them he gave them the intrinsic desire to be a mother. These are the people who love baby dolls as a child, who love to babysit as an adolescent and who love the smell and feel of a newborn in their arms. I am definitely one of those people. I have dreamed of being a mom for as long as I can remember. To me, being a mom was never a want or desire, it was always a need. I needed to carry a baby in my womb for nine months, I needed to hold my newborn in my arms and know that he or she was mine, I needed to nurture my child, laugh with my child, and dry my child's tears.

This is why when I was told that it may be difficult for me to have a child of my own, my world seemed to crumble before me. This is why for those two to three years, Mother's Day resulted in more tears than joy. Because while I celebrated my own wonderful mother and all the mothers that I know and love, there was something missing. I wanted so badly to be a mother myself. I needed to be a mother. Simply because God made me that way. 

This year was different though. This year, I got to snuggle not one but two babies. I got to celebrate the last eight months at a brunch with my wonderful husband. I got showered with flowers and gifts both store bought and hand made. But best of all I got to be a mom. A mom who changes diapers, and wipes noses, and fixes bottles, and plays with blocks, and reads books, and rocks her babies to sleep. I got to be what God made me to be, a mom. A mom who is by no means perfect and who is learning as she goes, but a mom who feels overwhelmed by her blessings and loves every minute she gets with her little family! 

What a great weekend with these two cuties . . . 


Friday night we cooked out with friends. . . 



We played outside on Saturday . . . 



Checked out Artisphere downtown with Aunt Mandi, Greenville's newest resident!!!


Mother's Day could not have been more special!

Brunch at Southern Culture. . . 


Aunt Mandi watched the babies so we could actually eat brunch. . . 


After brunch, we played, played, played. . . 




We walked around downtown. . . 


I sure am one blessed mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment