Monday, December 10, 2012

All I want for Christmas

I love Christmas music.  From the Friday after Thanksgiving until December 25th, my radio dials are set to whatever station plays back to back Christmas tunes.  I don't know what it is about Christmas music that makes me so happy but my guess is that it is the nostalgic feelings that the music evokes.  When I hear the Beach Boys' "Little Saint Nick" or Amy Grant's "Grown Up Christmas List", I am all the sudden ten again decorating the tree with my family.  The classic Christmas songs performed by Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby allow me to relive the last five Christmases with Gash, decorating our tree and sipping on coffee with a splash (or a few splashes) of Baileys.  One of my favorite Christmas songs has always been Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You".  I can remember my cousin Christy and I belting out the words while we each thought of whoever was our crush at the moment.  Last year, Mariah Carey's song took on a whole new meaning.  You see last year all I wanted for Christmas was a baby (or at least one growing inside).  Gash and I wanted to start a family so badly and so when I heard Mariah sing:
                             
                    I don't want a lot for Christmas
                   there is just one thing I need
                   I don't care about the presents
                  underneath the Christmas tree . . .

The words rang true with me.  Last December, I did not care about the gifts I would be receiving or the parties I would be attending, all I wanted was a baby to hold and we prayed every night for just that.  Well, God heard our prayer, and while I did not receive the gift of pregnancy until January, it was well worth the wait! This year, I am so thankful for the two little angels we get to spend Christmas with.  And while I do love a good present, the words of Mariah Carey still ring true . . .

                  bab(ies) all I want for Christmas is YOU!!!


Even though we were all a little sick this week, we still had some fun!
Mary Seegars even laughed for the first time on December 6th.
Both babies are cooing away and we just love to hear them talk to us!

 
Mary Seegars found her fist . . . yummy!

 
"Tensing" while working out in my gym.  Uncle Bryant would be proud!


One sleepy and happy baby!




Ashton loves to watch T.V. . . and so it begins!


One of the gag gifts at our small group's Christmas party was Asian Facial Hair. 
It was only appropriate for us to put it on Ashton!




Who does baby Gash look like? My votes on Ashton; although, when I sent the picture to my mom and Aunt Mandi they both thought it was Mary Seegars :)




No comments:

Post a Comment